We are a fully remote team of designers, engineers, and project managers passionate about software development and technology. We work united as a team and enjoy an outstanding work-life balance. As a result, we have developed exceptional products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
We’re hiring a talented Senior PHP Backend Engineer who wants to build ambitious products using modern technologies. At Mobile Jazz, we work with worldwide innovative brands, focusing on projects that make a positive impact and have strong potential. We have worked with companies based everywhere from Melbourne to San Francisco.
Our backend engineers work hand-in-hand with the rest of the engineering and design teams and aren’t siloed into backend-specific work.
What does a perfect Senior PHP Backend Engineer look like?
- Have plenty of experience building API and general backend services.
- A strong understanding of PHP, including Laravel, Yii2, and/or Simfony 2.
- Experience working with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL (TimescaleDB for extra points).
- Experience with testing (Unit, Functional, Acceptance, and Integration).
- Strong knowledge of programming best practices and clean architectures, such as domain-driven design (DDD), CQRS, hexagonal architecture, etc.
- Docker experience is highly valued.
- Extra points if the candidate has experience with TypeScript and ES6 standards, as well as Node.js and the npm ecosystem.
Additionally, we ask for:
- Highly experienced in using Git.
- A professional level of English (both written and spoken).
- First-rate communication skills.
- The ability and aim to work remotely.
- Willingness to take ownership and feel responsible for projects as a whole. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, and working with legacy code.
- Strong will to learn new skills.
Your role in context:
- Proposing and implementing high-tech, innovative solutions.
- Proactively communicating with colleagues and product owners to refine application design.
- Actively participating in the whole process of development, from initial design to deployment and support.
- Writing meaningful clean code and doing code reviews.
- Assisting your colleagues in achieving their goals.
- Contributing to the overall open-source project of Mobile Jazz.
- Location: Remote position. Most of the team is +-3h from European time zones. Therefore, it is easier to work with people living close to Europe. Many of us travel or live elsewhere without issues.
- Salary: Ranging from 55k€ to 68k€ depending on your experience.
- Hours: Full-time position (40h/w). We’re flexible to accommodate a different dedication if desired.
- Schedule: Fully flexible. Up to you to decide when to work.
- Holidays: 31.5 days / year (21.5d of holidays + 10 bank days).
- Extra time-off: Up to 48d/year of unpaid time off on top of regular holidays.
- Events: 1w/year fully paid in a hotel for a team event (if covid allows it), one long weekend/year fully paid for you and your family for a summer camp event, worldwide workstation events (rental of the house paid by the company).
- Benefits: Up to 2k€ every 3 years to renovate your laptop (belonging to you).
At Mobile Jazz, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills. You will work hand in hand with engineers who are passionate about technology and actively collaborating in the open-source world. You will see yourself regularly growing in your career, using new technologies and frameworks to solve new problems, always with the help of your team.
Interested? Apply through our API
Want to know more about us?